Choosing your wedding venue is not as simple as deciding what to eat for dinner. You have to take a lot of things into consideration before you can decide and finally book one.
To help you with this major decision, here is a checklist to guide you when selecting your venue:
- Is your chosen wedding venue available on your target wedding date/s?
- If not, when is it available?
Amount of Space and Accessibility
- Can it accommodate all the guests you have in mind?
- Is it accessible to you and your guests?
- If you are using it only for the reception, how long will it take everyone to get here from the church where you are going to have the ceremony?
- Are there signs posted on the way there to guide your guests on your wedding day?
- Is it child and PWD-friendly?
- Is there enough parking space?
- How many toilets are there in the venue?
- How safe is the venue?
- Do you employ enough security officers to ensure everyone’s safety throughout the event?
- How about the parking space? Are cars safe there?
- Do you have enough CCTV cameras?
- Are you insured in case something goes wrong?
Cost and Payment
- How much will the venue cost you? Is it within your budget?
- Does it offer packages? How flexible are they?
- What other inclusions can you enjoy when you choose each of the packages offered?
- What are the payment terms?
- Does its style match the overall look and feel you are aiming for?
- Does it have an in-house event stylist?
- Does it provide lights & sound on-site?
- Does the outdoor venue have backup tents or indoor space which you could use in case it rains?
Food and Drinks
- Does it have an in-house caterer?
- What other caterers are allowed here?
- Does it impose a corkage fee?
- Is there enough space for the stage? What if you want to bring a band?
- Is there enough space for the dance floor?
- What time do the guests have to leave the venue?
- Are there nearby residential houses nearby that might suffer from too might noise? Are there any restrictions on that?
- Does it offer accommodation for the bride and the groom? How about some guests?
- Are there other hotels nearby?
Never be afraid to ask the right questions, especially if these queries will help you determine the right wedding venue for you. Remember, it pays to be a wise soon-to-wed! Good luck on planning your wedding!
(Photos from Hillcreek Gardens Tagaytay)